In China turtles are considered a symbol of longevity and presumably these were destined as cheesy decorative pieces in office receptions and the bosses living room.
The following was the grusome findings from the seizure.
- 296 Hawksbill Turtles, a critically endangered species. Treated with formalin, size of carapace: 20 - 90 cm
- 90 Green Turtles, an endangered species treated with formalin, size of carapace: 20 - 90 cm
- 1 Olive Ridley Turtle, also an endangered species.
- 4 cans of formalin with 25 liters each, 100 Liter in total
- 17 nets with 38 cm nitting distance
- 3 giant mussels, approx. length: 100 cm
- 1 stuffed pufferfish
- 2 speedboats with 60-PS-engines
More information can be found on the Turtle Foundation website. By clicking HERE