Tuesday 24 April 2007

WWF - Hong Kong

I have recently joined the WWF and after receiving the first edition of their members magazine 'About Life' I am certainly very impressed with the work and campaigns that they are running to help conserve the Marine environment both in Hong Kong and in South East Asia.

Two campaigns or releases of note:

Seafood Guide: Those that know me, understand that I have been concerned for many years about the restaurant trade in Live Seafood. This guide it the first real attempt at spelling out what Seafood is okay to eat (from a conservation/sustainability point of view) and what Seafood should be avoided. Have a look, there are definitely a few surprises:
Click HERE

Save our Seas ("SOS") We have all been out on Junk Trips and boat trips in Hong Kong and have been amazed at the number and location of fishing boats trawling in Hong Kong waters. WWF's Save our Seas campaign, aims to pressure the government to setup exclusive 'no take' zones that have proved so successful in other parts of the world. Read more here:
Click HERE

2 comments:

smee said...

Dod, thought I would go back to your initial post to submit my first comment.

I like this idea; a cracking blog. I think this becomes instantly more important to others who know you be because it is important to you.

For my part, all I can feebly offer in response to your passion is to read avidly, comment where I have something to say and let others know that people do care.

Hǎo yùn

Miche

Dod said...

Dojeh sai for your support Micheman. I would like this to be topical and interesting and keep people coming back, so always happy to hear any comments or thoughts.

One comment I have received is to try to make this more focused towards kids, but I haven't yet decided about that one (not sure I am up for that.!) Will keep it on the list of potentials.....

cheers...