Wednesday 22 August 2007

Sharkwater - the movie

A critically acclaimed film about the plight of sharks is currently been released in North America.

Have a look at the website and trailer by clicking http://www.sharkwater.com/ the film does put across a very important message.

Unfortunately the film is not yet due for release in Asia as the producer :
"We would love to have the film release in China and Hong Kong but unfortunately we have seen some resistance"

I am currently seeing whether there are ways that this can be released in Hong Kong and China but I have limited influence or contacts in the cinema/film distribution industry. Anyone have any ideas?

3 comments:

Peter Emmett said...

What about getting it on the airlines in-flight videos? Surely it would add some value to their current lack of interesting films they show?

Otherwise the only other thing I can think of is having some private viewing times which is subsidized through various companies or charities, e.g. WWF.

Will it come out on DVD in Asia?

Cheers/Peter

Anonymous said...

Trailer looks good.
I will see if I can get a DVD in Europe and maybe we can have some private showing in HK.
There is a campaign pledge on the file site
http://www.sharkwater.com/pledge_to_save_sharks.asp

Dod said...

I will explore the idea of Cathay showing it on their flights. I still have some contacts there, they might well be interested.

I am also exploring whether the film can be shown during the HK international film festival. I have approached a local conservation organisation that might have influence to this end.

Love to get a copy of the DVD when it comes out.

Dod